Founded as the city of angels, Los Angeles was always destined to be a great city. It plays by its own rules and is consequently a lot of fun! It’s also affectionately referred to as La La Land, and once you go you’ll see why! LA lives in its own world, with its head deliriously happy up in the clouds. LA is like nowhere else…here are my 10 reasons you must visit!
10 Reasons to Visit Los Angeles
1. Walk amongst the stars on Hollywood Boulevard! Stretching endlessly in either direction, the Walk of Fame features nearly every famous actor, musician, director, character, producer, and other person contributing to the entertainment industry. With over 2500 stars, it’ll take awhile to search out each of your favorite stars!
2. You will probably meet some famous people just walking about in the city! As the center of the entertainment industries, LA is buzzing with celebrities. I even got to watch the recording of America’s Next Top Model!
3. The food is fantastic! You have to start off OF COURSE with the LA classic Pink’s for some jazzed up hotdogs! And then be sure to try the California staple, In-N-Out, for the freshest of burgers (order ‘animal-style’ to sound like a local). After getting a proper fill of American fastfood, check out Korea town and explore the other foodie delights that LA has to offer.
4. Easy access to beautiful beaches. From Santa Monica to Venice Beach to Malibu and the Pacific Palisades, you have plenty of oceanfront offerings to choose from for tanning, swimming, and surfing!
5. Some of the best shopping you’ve ever experienced! Stroll down Rodeo Drive and enjoy the world’s most famous high-end shopping, alongside some of the world’s most rich and famous. The store fronts are extravagantly beautiful, as are the cars driving down the street. Even if you can only go for the window shopping, it’s a lovely walk along perfectly manicured sidewalks, under sky-high palm trees, and with the pleasant lull of the most expensive place you could be.
6. View the Hollywood sign and let your daydreams wander. Spotting the sign, I picture myself a movie star in an old black-and-white film. I’ve just come to the Oscars and I step onto the red carpet in a Valentino masterpiece that hugs my hips and fans out at the bottom. Hair pinned back and a smile spread across my face, I embrace the constant flashing and snapping of photographs. Hollywood, I have arrived!
7. In LA, you will need a car to get around, so you’ll have the perfect opportunity to explore nearby California cities. Check out Santa Barbara, San Diego and La Jolla, and even Tijuana and over to Mexico if you’d like!
8. House envy abound in Beverly Hills. One of the most elite and exclusive neighborhoods you can find, Beverly Hills is home to many of the world’s rich and famous. The houses here cost on average $1.3 million, so you definitely have to take some time to walk around the neighborhood and admire the stunning beauty of these residences!
9. This city is sports central, and will excite sports fanatics and fairweather fans alike. From the Dodgers to the Lakers, to the Clippers and Angels, Los Angeles boasts some of the most well-supported and watched sports teams in the country.
10. You have easy access to some of the beautiful landscapes that draw visitors to California. Nearby is Joshua Tree National Park, and the Los Padres and Angeles National Forests, as well as the shoreline.
There you have it, my top 10 reasons for you to visit Los Angeles! It’s a super fun city, with lots to see and do, and you should definitely go see it for yourself. Have you been to L.A.? What did you love about Los Angeles?
Shop your Los Angeles essentials here:
Thanks for reading! If you have found the information on brittanyfromboston.com helpful and wanderlust-inspiring, please consider making your next Expedia & Amazon purchases through these links. It doesn’t cost any extra to you, but it keeps this content coming to you free of charge!